Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Vintage Inspired Card


Hi! Being that this week is 'Old Stamps Week' here on the SP Stamps Blog, I decided to go with a Vintage-Inspired card to stick with the 'old' theme!  I pulled out my All Zipped Up, Artsy Heartsy and my Bold Sentiments I sets and got started!!

I trimmed the front of the card smaller than the back and adhered some patterned paper on the inside so it would show, even when the card was closed.  I love the way this looks on cards!





After the sentiment was added to the front, I die cut some banners and I stamped the pocket from All Zipped Up on some coordinating stock.



I also stamped a heart from Artsy Heartsy to add to the pocket.  I love the versatility of the pocket stamp - there are so many things that can go on the outside, as well as stuff popping out from the inside!!!

For a finishing touch, I inked up a wooden die cut and added it to the pocket.  LOVE!




Here is the finished card:


I think it's perfect for a wedding or an anniversary!






 
 
 
 
 
 
Stock: Recollections
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories
Ink: Stampin Up, PTI
Stamps: SP & Company
Other: Studio Calico wooden die cut, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)