Thursday, September 27, 2012

Last Card Standing... Round TWO!!!

Hi!
Well, in case you missed my announcement on Facebook, I made it to the next round of the Taylored Expressions Last Card Standing contest on Splitcoast Stampers!


I posted my Round ONE card on my blog HERE, last week.

For Round Two, we had to make a card about our best friend.  I chose my BFF Roxanne! We've known each other since 7th grade and even though we live over an hour away from each other, we try really hard to hang out at least once a month (or have our kids hang out - they are just 4 months apart).  Oh, and we text and email each other constantly (puh-leese, I'm texting her AS I write up this post.).  Roxanne is my creative muse and inspires me to make most of my projects.  She is there for me through thick and thin and she just 'gets' me.  We are both designers for small print companies, so she even understands when I have a work complaint, not that I'd EVER complain about work... LOL! Roxanne is also the person that really got me back into crafting after a long hiatus.  So, in reality, SHE is the reason I'm even making cards in the first place.

Onto my card:
I used a TE free digital image and colored it in using colored pencils.  For the basket, I embossed woodgrain onto Kraft stock, then colored it in and paper-pieced it onto the apples.




I added a light gray outline using a Spectrum Noir marker around the entire basket.  I also rubbed some tea-colored ink onto the background around the basket, just to tone the white background down a little bit.  So... I thought about adding Glossy Accents to the apples, but I chose not to.  I felt like the coloring should stand out on its own without any help.



For the sentiment, I used the fonts Girls are Weird and typed up, "You're my Best Friend, Right down to the Core!" Fun, huh? I added the little apple brad and adhered everything onto the card.  The window was cut out using Quickutz dies and the papers are Cosmo Cricket.

Wish me luck that I make it to the next round!!!! :-)

















2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for you...it's a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats sweetie, I am sending positive thoughts.Your card is wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)