Thursday, September 27, 2012

Poppy Field FALL!

Yep, you read that title right.  Poppy Field SUMMER is becoming Poppy Field FALL in this post! I'm here today to show you a pretty Fall card I created with a simple Post It Note mask.

I stamped the Lovely Labels frame onto a Post It Note and I punched out the center circle.  Then I stamped it again onto my patterned paper.  I lined up the punched/open area on the Post It to the stamped image and then I stamped the image from Poppy Field Summer onto it.  By using the Post It, it 'masked' out the part of the image I didn't want and only the partial image showed up inside the framed.  Cool, huh? That extra step of creating the mask on the Post It is totally worth it! And if you want to see more samples of masking, HERE is a picture tutorial on Sami's site that shows how to mask, step by step!




After I stamped the image, I outlined the poppy with a gray marker, just to make it stand out a little bit.  Then, I simply added some twine and stamped the cute sentiment from Stitchery Doo Banners down at the bottom to complete the card.




I think the masked image along with the light outline really gives that poppy some pop!!! Thanks for stopping by today!!!












P.S. Don't forget to apply for the SP Design Team! The calls ends on the 30th of this month! Deets HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)