Monday, September 10, 2012

Watercolors!!!

Hi there! I'm excited to show you a card I made with the some of the newest Sheena stamp sets, A Little Bit Festive (they will be available in just a few days)!

I stamped the images on white cardstock, colored them in with Spectrum Noir Markers and then I decided to use my ink refills as paint.  Buy just dropping some ink on a stamping block or an empty CD case and adding some water, you can make your own watercolor creation!




I also dry embossed the cardstock before I started adding my paint.  I simply dipped the brush in water, swirled it around on my pallette with a touch of the ink and started painting at the top in a circular motion.  I added less and less ink as I went down the page to give it a little bit of a gradient effect.


I made sure to put a scrap piece of paper underneath it so nothing else got too messy!

I let it dry a little while and then I put a heavy book on it, so it would dry flat.  The water makes cardstock curl, so don't forget this step!

Once it was dry, I took some brown in and rubbed it onto the raised portions of the card and adhered the bird with some adhesive dots.  For a finishing touch, I spritzed some white spray mist onto it!




Thanks for stopping by today!



2 comments:

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)