Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Faerie Poppets Sneak Peek!

I have a little sneak peek of the newest Christine Haworth Collection - Faerie Poppets! I created a simple but fun card by selectively die-cutting one of the images.  Selectively die cutting is a great way to add interest to your card (and it saves you the time of having to fussy cut images, too).

First, I stamped the image on Crafter's Companion Premium White cardstock.  I pulled out my dies and placed them over the image before cutting.  I played around with sizes and positions to decide which portion of the image I wanted on the card.



You can see in the above picture that I cut out part of the feet and foliage using my Cuttlebug.

Then, I started coloring her in, using my Spectrum Noir Markers.  I actually pulled out some patterned stock ahead of time and matched the color scheme to those papers.


As I colored, I kept it somewhat loose, to go along with the style of these images.  They just flow, so I felt like I could just 'go with the flow' as I colored.  So, I let some colors bleed into each other and kept it as soft as I could.



After my die cut was colored in, I added the sentiment along with a few strips of patterned paper.


I've found that when you mix patterned papers together, it creates more interest.  I always try to keep at least one similar color in the patterns, though, to tie it all together.  In the two papers I've chosen, both have the same yellow.

Once I had the papers adhered down and everything was ready to assemble, I added Crafter's Companion foam adhesive to the back of the die cut.



For the finished card, I added some bling (I needed some sparkle).  I also sponged the edges of the die cut to soften it up a little bit.  There was just too much white between the card base and the background of the die cut.  This also makes the image pop out a little more.


Some detail:



Thanks for stopping by!













Stamps: Crafter's Companion
Dies: Spellbinders
Cardstock: Crafter's Companion
Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn
Inks: Memento, VersaMagic
Markers: Spectrum Noir
Bling: Hero Arts
Other: Cuttlebug, Crafter's Companion Foam Adhesive


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)