Sunday, July 21, 2013

Crafter's Companion Christmas in July Celebration!

Hi there! Merry Christmas! Crafter's Companion is celebrating Christmas in July right now! I love thinking about the holidays, no matter what time of year it is, so I was all in for this celebration!

Embossalicous has some fabulous new holiday embossing folders that will be available very soon! I used the I Believe folder and I think it looks stunning paired with the sentiment from Sentimentals (also coming soon!) and Memento's Golden Glitz Delicata ink (coming soon to CC's store).



To create a window that was in the same position for multiple layers, I placed them all together and held them in place with washi tape.  I decided to add the woodgrain stock after I took this picture and I simply drew a light line with a pencil so I knew the die placement and then held the die in its spot with washi tape.




After everything was die cut, I ran the top panel through my Cuttlebug using the I Believe folder.  I also held this with washi tape.  I had the santa in the exact spot I wanted him in and I didn't want any movement!




Once it was embossed, I wanted to add the gold ink to it and I wanted to create a slight gradient (ombre effect).  So, I started at the top and went down towards the bottom, always adding ink to the top, so the coverage was heavy there, with less at the bottom of the card.



Here's a close up of the finished card:


Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check out the Holiday Celebration!!!













Stamps: Crafter's Companion
Embossing Folder: Embossalicous (available at Crafter's Companion)
Ink: Memento Delicata


1 comment:

  1. Love this card! Great design and it is awsome to find more gold than red in this holiday card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)