Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Crafter's Companion July Challenge: Die Cuts

Hi! Have you played along with the July Crafter's Companion Challenge yet? The July theme is Die Cuts, one of my favorite things about crafting!



It's rare that I create anything without using some sort of a die cut, so I was excited about the challenge this month!

For my card, I used the Camden Town Female 1.  I used my Claudine Hellmuth Rock-A-Blocks to stamp the perfect image.  If you haven't used these yet, you are missing out.  They are awesome! I always get an absolutely perfect image when I stamp using them.  They rock (pun intended)!!!!



I stamped the sentiment using Memento's Delicata Golden Glitz ink (this will be coming soon to the Crafter's Companion store).  It is an amazing formulation! The gold really pops and shines! I colored in the birdhouse with my Spectrum Noirs (PP4, PP6, CG2, CG3, CT3) and added some Distress Ink (Broken China) to the background.  I cut out the fence by hand and hid it partially in the window.

To finish off the card, I added some washi and then embossed the top of the card using Darice's Wire Fence folder.  The little hearts were also die cut.

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you will play along to win!!!













Stamps: Crafter's Companion
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black and Delicata Golden Glitz)
Embossing Folder: Darice
Markers: Spectrum Noir
Washi: Queen & Co.
Dies: Spellbinders, Simon Says Stamp
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)