Thursday, October 9, 2014

Crafter's Companion Mini Milk Carton Tutorial

Hi! I wanted to share another project I created for the HSN show featuring the Ultimate Tool by Crafter's Companion.  I made a sweet little mini milk carton.


It was actually pretty darn easy to make, too.  I used some papers from the Sweet Treats CD Rom (I printed them out - it took under 3 minutes) and placed them on the Sweet Treats embossing board.  I simply scored the lines and then cut the box out.  The Ultimate Tool comes with a scoring tool and a knife.

I did this with two different patterned papers.  I then cut the bottom off of the pink and the top off of the green to create a top and a bottom.  I also cut small slits at the bottom of the pink, so the top would slide onto the bottom part.

Tip: Use a SUPER strong glue like Collal Tacky Glue for boxes and other projects like this.  Even if the box will be holding something light weight, you don't want it falling apart on the recipient (especially when there is a top and bottom being put on and taken off a few times!)!!!


Then I die cut a doily from the Die'Sire Chantilly Lace Die set and fussy cut a tag out from that Sweet Treats CD Rom.  I adhered them together.  I also added a little Shimmer Sparkle Spray to give the box a little extra somethin'-somethin'!


I simply adhered the sweet tag, a little ribbon and some twine using Collal Tacky Glue.... And I made sure that peppermint looked shiny by adding some 3D Crystal Lacquer.  That stuff is awesome - it can be used as glue or to make things extra shiny.  Love it!


And a bow was added... Did I mention that the Ultimate Tool has a bow maker, too?!?!? Yep! For people like me that have serious issues tying bows, it is a life saver.


And here is the completed top! It just slides onto the green bottom.  I love it because the top comes off, just in case you want to fill the box with something fun!

Now, you can also clip or tie the top of the milk carton together if you don't want to pull apart the box.  But even if you decide to create this way, it goes really fast! The Ultimate Tool has everything you need, right there.


Here's the finished piece again:



Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll give this a try!








All supplies available on the Crafter's Companion Website unless otherwise noted.

Ribbon: American Crafts
Twine: Lawn Fawn

Follow Me!
Follow on Bloglovin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)