Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sheena's NEW Stencils - Coming Soon!

Hi!
I wanted to share with you how I created this shaker card using the brand new stencil (coming soon!) called Graphic Equalizer from Sheena and Crafter's Companion!

It's actually pretty easy to create shaker cards.  The main thing you need is foam! I have some that came in a big pack I got at a craft store for under $5.  It's best to use yellow or white, but you can use any color you want, since it's mostly hidden behind the front panel of your card.

First, I placed the stencil down and held it in place with washi tape.  I used Dreamweaver's Pearlescent embossing paste with the new Graphic Equalizer stencil.


I just smear the paste onto the stencil and then pull the stencil off and place in water once I'm done.  It takes about an hour to completely dry.


I die cut a heart in the center of the card using the Die'Sire Essentials Hearts die. Then, I traced the heart onto the foam and cut it out, making it just a little bit bigger.  I glued a piece of acetate onto the back of the heart (you can use extra acetate from clear stamps if you have any!).  Finally, I adhered that foam I cut to the back of the panel, using Collall Tacky glue.  Make sure you're using a glue like this one; it needs to be really strong.

Next up is the fun part! Add sequins, glitter, small beads, whatever you want to the shaker.


Once you are ready, add more Collall Tacky glue to the foam and then place your card base onto it.  Let it dry a few minutes.


I stamped a sentiment from Sentimentals: Love Is All You Need in Memento Tuxedo Black and I die cut it out using Die'Sire Essentials: Rectangles.


Using a blending tool, I added some Spun Sugar to the die cut before I removed it from the die.  I did this to soften up the sentiment and to make is stand out.


To finish it up, I adhered it with foam dots.  In this picture, you can really see how amazing the pearl embossing paste looks with the stencil!


And here is the final card:


Thanks for stopping by!








All supplies available on the Crafter's Companion Website and linked above (unless otherwise noted).

Foam: Michael's


Follow Me!
Follow on Bloglovin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)