Friday, April 3, 2015

Milk Carton Tutorial

Hi!
I'd like to share how this fun little milk carton gift box was created! First up, I grabbed my Sweet Treat Embossing Board that coordinates with my Ultimate Tool.  I sprayed a little bit of the Stick & Spray onto the board, just so the paper from the 11x17 Indulgence paper pack would stick down and not move.


Once the paper was secure, I used the embossing tool and traced the small milk carton box twice.


Once both were traced, I flipped them over (it's easier to see the embossed lines) and cut them out.



I folded everything on the scored lines and placed them next to each other, just to make sure it all matched up.


I also cut a piece of 2.25 x 2.25 for the bottom of the carton.


Using my Collall's Tacky Glue, I added glue on the side flaps and pieced the box together.  I added the base on the bottom using the Tacky Glue as well.



I pinched together the top and glued it.  I had to hold it together for about a minute, just to make sure it stayed shut.



I also added some mini staples to keep it closed.  You have the option of not sealing it if you wan to add some nifty gifties inside!


I added some Seedless Preserves Distress Ink to the edges and folds, just to highlight the edges a bit.


Then, I stamped the flower from Sheena's A Little Bit Floral: Iris onto some Kraft cardstock.

I used some Blending Solution to blend my Spectrum Noir blendable pencils (colors 079, 078, 013, 001, 046, 048)


I used the paper stumps to help everything blend easily together.


Then, I fussy cut it out and adhered it to the carton.


To finish everything off, I added a bow out of twine.




Thanks for stopping by!









All supplies available online in the Crafter's Companion store and linked above.



Follow Me!
Follow on Bloglovin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)