Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy: Laguna!

Hi! Have you seen the BRAND NEW stamps available from Sheena in the Crafter's Companion store yet?!?!? They are really fun! The new range is called Laguna and they make me wish summer would hurry up and get here already.  The set I worked with is Endless Summer (Endless summer? I WISH!)



I thought it would be fun to have that surfboard kind of pop out of the background, so I grabbed my Spectrum Aqua Markers (Sunset, Terracotta, Chocolate, Meadow, Sunflower, Jasmine, Aquamarine, Sea Green) and started coloring! I wanted to use them because I wanted that soft, watercolor-look feel.  It just seemed right for this particular set!

I also added some shadows in the background of the card, using the Spectrum Aquas.  Once I was done with the surfboard, I cut it out and popped it on the card base (that I also colored) using foam adhesive.  I inked up the edges with some Distress Ink Stormy Sky and voila! A card worthy of summer!!!

Thanks for stopping by!








All supplies linked above and available on the Crafter's Companion Website!




Follow Me!
Follow on Bloglovin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)