Saturday, October 1, 2016

Hello World Giving Back Blog Hop!

Hi there!


You should have arrived here from Kimberly's blog!

I am beyond thrilled and humbled to be a part of this incredible Blog Hop today! Catherine Pooler is giving back! All profits from the sale of the brand spankin' new Hello World stamp set will go to Jennifer Ingle's husband's Go Fund Me Campaign for kids! Sean Ingle is a teacher in a school where most kids are on a free and reduced lunch program, they don’t have computers at home or at school and the school doesn’t have the funds for a curriculum. In the spirit of giving his students the best education he can provide, Sean is working to raise funds to purchase computers for his classroom.

You can read more here: https://www.donorschoose.org/project/chromebooks-for-urban-education/2208813/

So, not only are we celebrating World Cardmaking Day, we are giving back and helping kids! I don't think it can get much better than that!


I created three cards using the Hello World set.  I just couldn't stop using it once I started.  :) I combined it, along with the Lovely Flowers set.  How adorable is that "hi?!" I had to make that heart pink!




Next up, I used the same two sets again, but went a totally different direction! I stamped the flowers in white ink, then stamped over them with dye inks.  I also added stripes from the YAY Stripes set.



For my last card, I used Hello World and Lovely Flowers yet again (how great are these sets?!?!), but this time I embossed them in white and watercolored over them using Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens and a waterbrush.




Oh, did I mention that there is even a coordinating die set for Hello World? Yup! Remember, ALL of the proceeds from this stamp set will go to the Go Fund Me Campaign to help kiddos in need from today, October 1, through October 7, 2016! 

I also wanted to mention Stamp Nation! If you've never heard of it before, check it out.  I recently discovered it and it's fantabulous! It is a community of crafters, all sharing and inspiring each other.  I love positive people helping each other out and challenging each other!


Next up on the Hop is Ingrid!

Full Hop List:


Catherine Pooler
Maureen Merritt
Amy Kolling
Laurel Beard
Miriam Prantner
Kristie Goulet
Amy Sheffer
Heather North
Donna Mikasa
Allison Cope
Amy Tsuruta
Lisa Harrolle
Kelly Griglione
Kimberly Wiener
Chrissie Tobas (You are here!)
Ingrid Blackburn
Michele Kovack
Stephanie Klauck
Chaitali Narla
Dana Joy
Jessica Frost-Ballas
Laura Bassen
Jennifer Ingle

SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Hello World, Lovely Flowers, YAY Stripes (Catherine Pooler Designs)
Inks: Hero Arts Dye Inks, Memento Inks, Avery Elle Inks
Embossing Powder: Hero Arts
Sparkle Pens: Spectrum Noir
Paper: Crafter's Companion (Watercolour Cardstock, Premium White Cardstock, Kraft Cardstock, Shimmering Black Pearl Cardstock)
Adhesives: ThermOWeb Xl Tape Runner, 3D Foam Squares
Other: Waterbrush, Scissors, Sequins



Let's Connect!

 




30 comments:

  1. fun cards. Love the watercolor look and the one with the white/craft sections So striking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three very simple but very lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie, these are fabulous! Thank you so much for being a part of this special blog hop today! I am very thankful for your help for Sean's students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the variety of cards - so different from each other but each one is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are beautiful Chrissie! I love them! Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissie, your cards are all so beautiful! Thank you for being a part of this very special blog hop for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all of your cards and am torn between the watercolor card and the kraft card as my absolute favorite!! I think I am going to call it a tie!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all three cards - simple and clear and direct.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chrissie! I LOVE all of your cards! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These are all so amazing! I love your beautiful inking techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layouts. The third one just grabbed me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic cards.
    Love the watercoloring on the last,
    the diagonal cut on the second is
    wonderful, and the first is so
    soft and pretty.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The water coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards! They are awesome with so many different collections and styles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so soft and pretty. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love your cards! The last two are my favorites! Beautiful colors on the third one, I love how different they are, and how different than anyone else's on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love your cards! The last two are my favorites! Beautiful colors on the third one, I love how different they are, and how different than anyone else's on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards - I love them all, but the last is my favorite - I really like the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card thanks for sharing and your support

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these cards! The addition of the cute flowers from the Lovely Notes collection was an awesome choice! The diagonal card is awesome too! I wouldn't have thought that just a hello in the middle of a watercolor background could look so good! a KISS card for sure! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)