Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mojo Monday #175

I'm back!!! This week I'm doing the Mojo Monday Challenge for the first time.  I came upon this blog unexpectly and I just love it! Mojo Monday is part of Verve Stamps, which I also discovered recently.  Their stamp designs are just flat out awesome and their Design Team is amazing!!! :-)  So, here is the sketch challenge for this week:


I decided to go with some bright colors to temporarily get away from the gloom and doom of winter! I thought that some bright orange and blue would help keep the cold away.



I used some cute, summery Hero Arts birds that I cut out separately and pieced back onto the image I stamped.  I colored in the branch and leaves with watercolor pencils.


I added a flower up at the top instead of a bow... I just wanted to keep with the whole leaves/floral theme.  A bow just didn't seem to fit.

Here is the finished card:



 Thanks for looking and I'd love to hear feedback on this one!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)