Friday, April 8, 2011

Absolutely Fabulous Birthday!

Today I have a super fun birthday card to share with you! I made it for a SP and Company DT call, but I also made it with a specific person in mind! First, I need to tell you about these stamps!!! Let me just say that I discovered SP & Company a few days ago and I'm hooked already.  I can't stop checking out the galleries and the stamp sets.  Obsess much?! :-)  I just adore their stamp designs - some of them seem like they were made just for me (which is cool, yet weird at the same time - can they read my mind?!)! They have everything from sentiments to frames to adorable images! My favorite thing is that some of the sets are the 2-step kind - you have a base stamp and then another stamp that goes with it... LOVE this - the possibilites are endless... Go and check them out!!!

Now, for the challenge.... The requirement was to use blue.  No problems there! I decided to make blue the accented color, though, not the focal color.  Why? Well, I decided that this card was going to go to the wonderful 87-year old woman that works with me and she loves purple.  She is just incredible.  We work in a print shop together - I'm in the Pre-Press/Design/Print area and she is in the bindery.  I swear she has more energy than I do on most days and when she laughs, EVERYONE laughs! She just has the best attitude and the craziest sense of humor.

OK, enough chit chat, right?! On to the card!!!!



I used white cardstock for the background, which I've been doing more recently.  Most of the time, I want color, but white just felt right for this one.  The other stocks I used were Kraft and Deja Views (purple).  The little punchy-punch at the bottom is a Martha Stewart punch (one of my favorites that I use WAY too much!).  I made sure the little butterfly at the top had blue and purple wings.  I used Copics for that.


You can see some of the detail of the butterfly here.  I actually cut him out twice, so there are two layers of wings.

Needless to say, she was thrilled with the card and that made me so happy.  I love watching the expression on the face of the recipient when they look at a card and realize for the first time that I made it.  It doesn't get much better than that.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the weekend! I'm waiting for the hubby to come home (he's out of town for a wedding), so the kids and I will be out and about, trying to stay busy this weekend! I'm sure I will find time to make some cards, though - I always do!!!!




1 comment:

  1. CUTE!!! I love it. Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for my DT Call. It is an honor that you would consider joining my team.
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    SP and Company Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)