Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sweet NEW Release!

Hi there!
Today Sweet Stamp Shop is releasing the new sets for April! Um, they are flat out super FUN! As soon as I laid my eyes on these images, my creative mojo went into overdrive!

I knew right away that I wanted to get the look of real beer for this set.  It's one of the new Petite Sweet sets, called Festival 30!



So, to get that 'real beer' look, I put some embossing paste on a paintbrush and tapped it onto the image, so it looked like foam.  Then, I mixed some yellow spray mist (OK, it had shimmer in it - my beer is shimmery - I'll admit it!) with some 3D Crystal Lacquer (it's similar to Glossy Accents) and then painted that onto the image, too.  Before they were both dry, I hit them with a heat gun to make them bubble up! I seriously think the result is so much fun! Oh! And that sentiment? It's from another Petite Sweet set called Uno Mas.  :)

Next up, I stacked some pretzels from the same Festival 30 set using the masking technique.  Don't know how to do this? It's simple! Stamp your image onto a Post It, then cut out.  Stamp your image onto your card base and cover it up with that Post It.  Repeat over and over again until you have that 'stacked' look you want!



I created my own "punny" sentiment for this one, too. I partially stamped the {heart you} from Condolences and then used the Monogram Alpha set  to spell out "KNOTS." Wait - partially stamping?! What's that???! It's easy - just cover up what you don't want with a trusty Post It note, ink it, and then peel it off before you stamp.  I colored everything in with colored pencils.  :)

Last but not least, this one was made for my little kiddo.  She is SO girly and loves Unicorns, Rainbows and Glitter (and princesses, dolls, ponies, hearts, jewelry... But I digress!).  I could not WAIT to get this set in my hands and she immediately swiped it from me! It's called Unicorn and we've already been fighting over sharing it!


Since I had all of those items checked on the list, I HAD to make sure they were all present in the card! Glitter: YES - this is a shaker card, filled to the brim with Glitter! Unicorns: DUH.  Rainbows: CHECK - look at the little pole on the top and bottom.  Love it!


I added in some silver stars from Enjoy Calligraphy to finish it all off.  You can never have too much shimmer on a card like this!

I hope you're enjoying this release as much as I am.  Don't forget that Sweet Stamp Shop just had it's Grand {RE}Opening, too.  The blog and store are all redone, and so is all of the packaging! So, if you haven't visited in a while, make sure to pop on over and check it out.  It's really fabulous!








Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop
Ink: Memento
Patterned Papers: Lawn Fawn (Unicorn card), Unknown (Pretzel card)
Dies: Crafter's Companion
Pencils: Spectrum Noir
Spray Mist: Memento Fireworks
Other: 3D Crystal Lacquer, pencil blending solution


Follow Me!
Follow on Bloglovin
 

3 comments:

  1. These are all adorable and your beer is AMAZING! Looks just like the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that beer card...super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)